GATE 2018 Basic Features
- Examinations for all the 23 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions shall be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
- Biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the start of the examination.
- GATE 2018 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon sessions on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 30th January 2016 and 07th February 2016. Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2018 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date.
- For GATE 2018 the entire process of filling up of application form, uploading of certificates/documents etc., will be online and the candidates should not send any hard copy of their application form/documents etc., to IISc or any of the IIT’s zonal GATE office.
- The payment of application fees would be through electronic mode online as well as through payment at bank counters using e-challan.
- The admit cards for GATE 2018 would be available through the online process only. Candidates can download their admit card from GATE 2018 website. No printed copy of admit cards will be posted to the candidates.
- Official Website of GATE 2018 is http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in/
& flat 20%