How to Apply for GATE-2018
Note – This information pertains to How to Apply for GATE 2018. The student needs to note that this information pertains to How to Apply for actual GATE 2018 Exam and NOT for GATEOnlineTest.com packages.
How to Apply?
Before Applying, candidates are advised to go through the preliminary requirements given in this website and FAQ or download the GATE 2018 Brochure and read it carefully
All candidates have to apply ONLINE. Details of the application fee and the steps in the application process are given below. The application fee is non-refundable.
|General/OBC-NC (Male Applicants)||1500/-|
|SC / ST / PD* (Male Applicants)||750/-|
* PD: Person with a Physical Disability
Filling in Application Online
- GATE Online Applicant Interface
- You must first register yourself, by providing a valid email address. Choose this carefully to be the one you check frequently, as all communications to you from the GATE offices will be sent to this address (Do not use anybody else’s email address; Only one person can register with one email address).
- Upon registration, an email will be sent with a link. You will be required to choose a password when you click on the link. Choose a password that is not easily guessable (should not be, for example: your name, DOB, 12345, asdf, etc.), so as to ensure that the data you provide is not accessible to any person other than yourself.
- Next you will see an application form to be filled in. Keep the following information ready:
- Personal information
- Communication Address (Important: PIN Code)
- Eligibility Degree Details (College address, PIN Code of College)
- GATE paper, Choice of GATE examination cities
- High quality image of your photograph conforming to these requirements
- Good quality image of your signature (in .jpeg format) conforming to requirements similar to photograph
- Optional: PDF/JPEG files of supporting documents (Eligibility & Category Certificates) (max file size: per file 0.5 MB; see more details below in section ‘supporting documents’)
- Optional: Your Net banking login and password to make the application fee payment (only for Male applicants).
- fill in the necessary data in the online application form by carefully following instructions given there. You may edit the data at this stage if you require. Upload the required soft copy of photo and signature.
- You will have to select one of the two payment options (details given below) while filling the online form.
- The GOAPS allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again. You may address the error messages that may appear on saving the filled in data.
- Before you make the payment, you have to carefully check for any errors or missing data.
- Once you press “Submit & Proceed to Payment” button, no further changes to the application can be made.
- After processing “Submit & Proceed to Payment” you will be taken to payment option where you may choose offline or via Netbanking option. Candidates who have selected via Netbanking option will follow the instructions given below for online net-banking, in the payment section and complete the payment process. Those who have selected the challan payment option will directly proceed to the next step “Proceed Next for PDF Download”.
- you will then see two links namely “Download Challan for Payment” and “Download Filled Application”. You have to download the PDF files from these links and print the files. In case if you have opted payment via Netbanking, you will have to download only filled in application form from“Download Filled Application”. The download application form will contain two pages as mentioned below
Page 1: Instructions to the candidate and address slip where you need to send the hard copy
Page 2: The application form. Note that the bottom part may contain the certificate to be signed by the college Principal/HOD or may be left blank (depending on your eligibility status).
Those who opted offline payment: Optional page for candidates who select “bank challan” mode of payment (as against the net-banking). This page will contain 3 copies of the challan to be processed with the respective banks
For further details please log on to http://www.iitg.ac.in/